Saturday, March 8, 2008

Spiritual Awareness


Thursday, my sister and I went antique shopping again. We decided to go to the Miami-Erie Antique shop in Delphos, Ohio. The shop is along the railroad tracks and used to be a place for the railroad employees to sleep. For this reason alone, one would think spirits are present. Add to this, rooms and rooms full of antiques, then you have probably quadrupled the chances of spirits.

Anyway, we shopped for several hours. The building is huge and some of the upstairs windows were broken, so the further we went into the building, the colder it got. We were exploring the many rooms, when I got the feeling that the next room I would go in had "something" in it. I told myself I was being silly again and if I saw anything, I would run!!
The feeling in that particular room was so strong, I have no idea what the room looked like or what was in the room. It wasn't a scary feeling, or a creepy feeling, it was just a feeling of knowing I wasn't the only one present. I quickly left. Since my sister does not believe in the super-natural, spirits, ghosts, whatever, I decided not tell her what I had just experienced.

We continued shopping for several more hours and it continued to get colder and colder. My treasure hunt lasted until I was so cold, I couldn't feel my feet anymore. I told my sister I was going downstairs and for her to take her time. I went down to the warm room where the owner of the shop was. We started talking about jewelry and antiques. She asked where my sister was and I told her I left her upstairs and that I "had" to get out of there.

She asked me if I came down because I saw something. I said, "No, it was getting too cold. I didn't see anything, but I kept waiting on a mouse to run out of something."

She gave me a funny look and replied, "No, that's not what I meant."

"Oh, do you mean rats and bats?" I asked her.

She gave me a really funny look this time and raised her eyebrows. "No, that's not what I'm talking about."

Then it dawned on me what she meant. I said, "Oh, no I didn't SEE anything, but I felt a spirit in one of the rooms."

She asked which room I was in when I felt the spirit, and I pointed up to the corner where the room was.

"You're lucky," she said, "Yesterday a male customer saw a ghost in that room. He saw a shadow out of the corner of his eye and thought it was his wife. When he turned, his wife wasn't there, but a large black cloud was. He was so scared, he came flying down the stairs!"

Chills covered my body, but I felt satisified. I'm glad "no one" decided to appear in front of me, and I'm glad to now know that the "feelings" I have on occasion are not in my head.

Aside from the spirited finding, I found two beautiful necklaces, one with Austrian crystals, the other with handpainted glass beads. I was planning on posting picturse of the necklaces before taking them apart, but, of course, I forgot. So instead I posted a picture of the crystals....spirit-free!

No comments: